John Barttelt was born in Houston, Texas but raised in Northeast Arkansas since the age of 7. He earned his BME from Arkansas State University in 1978 and taught in public schools for 6 years. He attended the Bowen School of Law at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock, graduating and being admitted to the Arkansas Bar and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, in 1987. He has practiced continuously for 32 years in Jonesboro, Arkansas. and is a member of the Arkansas Bar Association and the Craighead County Bar Association. His practice has consisted primarily of Workers Compensation, personal injury, probate, real estate and criminal law. His Pro Bono commitments include Arkansas Volunteer Lawyers for the Elderly and Arkansas Legal Aid appointments. He has been certified as a mediator in Arkansas and is a longtime member of the Jonesboro Kiwanis Club.
- Bowen School of Law at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Arkansas Bar Association, Active Member
- Craighead County Bar Association, Active Member
- Jonesboro Kiwanis Club, Active Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas